VAFLOYD-L Archives

Archiver > VAFLOYD > 1999-09 > 0937693982

From: Bill Mittelstadt <>
Subject: [VAFLOYD] Re: Hylton family
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:33:02 -0400

Hello Richard, Pat, and Ann:
I, too, am a descendent of Henry Helton (son of John B. Hilton and
Obedience Cocks) and Elizabeth Hilton (daughter of Elijah Hilton and
Susannah Slusher) on my mother's side.
Children:
1. Austin Helton b. 1794 m. 1st Rachel Booth (dau of George Booth, Jr.,
and Sarah Howard) m. 2nd unknown
2. Celia Hylton b. 16 January 1799 m. John Sutphin (son of Hendrick
Sutphin, Sr. and Rachel Owen) (my gggg grandparents)
3. Hiram Helton b. unknown m. Permilla Booth (sister of Rachel)
4. Delilah Hylton b. unknown m. Richard Hungate
5. Solomon Hylton b. unknown m. Celia Edens (my ggg grandparents)
6. Valentine Hylton b. 25 July 1795 m. Rebecca Arter

James Hilton, Sr. (brother of John B. Hilton and Elijah Hilton) m. Lucy
Wade (dau of Jeremiah Wade and Charity Ballenger)
1. Jeremiah Wade Hilton, Sr. b. 24 September 1771 m. Nancy Jones
2. Charity Balinger Hilton b. unknown m. Thomas Wright
3. James Hilton, Jr. b. unknown m. Susannah Culloway
4. Jesse Hilton b. unknown
5. John Hilton b. unknown
6. Ketture Hilton b. unknown m. Robert Craig
7. Peggy Hilton b. unknown
8. Valentine Hilton b. abt 1784 m. Jane C. King (could she have been
married twice?)

Valentine Hilton and Jane C. King had the following children):
1. Lucy Jane Hylton b. unknown
2. George Hylton m. unknown
3. James Dillard Hylton

Hope this helps.