VAFLOYD-L Archives

Archiver > VAFLOYD > 2002-10 > 1035873842

From: Gerry <>
Subject: Re: [VAFLOYD] Dorsey N Dulaney & Roley G Akers Obits
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 01:44:02 -0500

See 'Descendants of Samuel Dulaney' website for more details; Dorsey M. (sic)
Dulaney

Dorsey M. Dulaney(1) was born on 31 Mar 1895. He died in Jan 1965. He had
Social
Security Number 229-24-7228. (11) Issued in Virginia. Parents: John William
Dulaney and Elmira Akers.

He was married to Cora M. Reed on 29 Dec 1918 in Floyd Co., VA. Children were:
Helen Irene Dulaney, Hugh Alton Dulaney, Edith Dulaney, Dorsey Allen Dulaney.
----
John William Dulaney was born on 20 Nov 1862 in Virginia. He died on 19 Dec
1936.
Parents: William Hiram Dulaney and Sarah Ellen Cooper.

He was married to Elmira Akers on 19 Jan 1890 in Floyd Co., VA. Children were:
Christa Abba Dulaney, Dorsey M. Dulaney.
----
William Hiram Dulaney was born on 29 Jun 1834 in Greenbriar Co., VA. He died on
11 May 1920 in Floyd Co., VA. He was a farmer. William was in Jeb Stuart's
Horse Artillery in the Civil War. Parents: Samuel Dulaney and Martha Reed.

He was married to Sarah Ellen Cooper on 3 Jan 1857 in Montgomery Co., VA.
Children
were: Samuel William Dulaney, Mary Polly Dulaney, John William Dulaney, Doshia
Ann
Dulaney, Richard Dulaney, Sarah Ellen Dulaney, Rebecca S. Dulaney, Crawford
Dulaney,
Ephriam Grayson Dulaney.
----
Samuel Dulaney(102) was born on 28 Jun 1810 in Montgomery Co., VA. He died on 3
Aug 1875 in Floyd Co., VA. (126)(127) He was buried in White Rock Cem. Dulaney
Rd, Alum Ridge, Carthage, Floyd Co., VA. He was a farmer. Parents: William
Dulaney and Mary Davis.

He was married to Martha Reed on 22 Sep 1833 in Floyd Co., VA. A brother
William Reed is referred to in her marriage documents. Children were: William
Hiram Dulaney, Allen Albert Dulaney, Richard Dulaney, Mary E. Dulaney, Permelia
Mildred Dulaney, Sarah Sally Dulaney, Delilah Dulaney.

He was married to Theodocia Radford on 14 Dec 1856 in Montgomery Co., VA.
----
William Dulaney was born in 1774 in Greenbriar Co., VA. He resided Hiram
Dulaney's
home in 1850 in Floyd Co., VA. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Floyd Co.,
VA.(128) He died on 2 Feb 1854 in Floyd Co., VA.(129) Parents: Samuel Dulaney
and Mary Dulaney.

He was married to Mary Davis on 31 Jan 1804 in Franklin Co., VA. (59) Children
were:
Richard Dulaney, Sarah Sally Dulaney, Miriam A. Dulaney, Samuel Dulaney, Polly
Mary
Dulaney, Daniel Dulaney, Rachel Dulaney, Hiram Dulaney.
----
Samuel Dulaney was born about 1750. He owned land on 7 Apr 1784 in Marleys
Branch, Bedford, VA.(124) He died in 1812 in Montgomery Co., VA.

He was married to Mary Dulaney about 1770 in Greenbriar Co., VA. Children were:
Rachel Delany, Sarah Sally Dulaney, William Dulaney, Daniel Dulaney, Mary
Dulaney, Elijah Dulaney, Samuel Dulaney, Benjamin Dulaney.