VAFLOYD-L Archives

Archiver > VAFLOYD > 2007-04 > 1175477508

From: "Mrs. Hackney" <>
Subject: Re: [VAFLOYD] Mildred Weddle
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mary,
I want to thank you for all the info that you have sent me about Mildred. She was a very special person to me and my husband. i spent a afternoon with her one day when we were visiting Floyd about 6 years ago. I am a Quesenberry, and have sent Mildred some of my Quesenberry genealogy the she was always happy to receive. My Great Aunt Nancy Ellender "Ella" Quesenberry was married to Jackson Wade. Mildred always called me her shirt tail cousin, My older brother Don and his wife Jan were in Floyd and Mildred showed them around the cemeteries and told them the history of Willis, when they were visiting there.

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Linda (Quesenberry) Hackney
,net

Mary Weddle <> wrote:
Mildred June Earles Weddle
Mildred June Earles Weddle, 86, of Floyd, widow of John Galen Weddle, went
to be with the Lord on Sunday, March 11, 2007. Mrs. Weddle was born June 24,
1920 in Willis, Va. to the late Luther Earles and Ona Wade Earles. She was
also preceded in death by a sister, Thelma Earles Larsen. She was always
interested in local history and had articles featured on occasion in local
newspapers. She was an extremely kind and gently loving person and will be
greatly missed by her family and friends. Survivors include her daughter,
Joyce Cail, Mt. Airy, N.C.; son and daughter-in-law, Gary and Carolyn
Weddle, Mt. Airy, N.C.; grandchildren and spouses, Kelly Cail, John Cail,
Galen Cail, Lynn and Terri Weddle, Lee and Annette Weddle, all of Mt. Airy,
N.C.; great-grandsons, Zack Weddle, Christian Cail, both of Mt. Airy, N.C.;
niece, Linda Larsen Tavenner, Chevy Chase, Md.; very special friends, Sue
Poff Quesinberry, Floyd, Va. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday,
March 14, 2007 at the Maberry Funeral Home Chapel, Floyd, with the Rev.
Philip Bouknight officiating. Interment will follow in Topeco Cemetery. The
family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Maberry Funeral
Home.
Published in the Roanoke Times from 3/12/2007 - 3/13/2007.

Note from List Administrator!!!
The Second Sunday in each month will set aside for a "Brick Wall" Roll Call. Please always put the surname you seek in the subject and tell us something about your Brick Wall person.
To contact Listowner:
Rena Worthen