VAFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > VAFRANKL > 2013-01 > 1359087195

From: Paula Ward <>
Subject: Re: [VAFRANKL] Chester Co PA to Franklin Co Va (WAS: Watson andWillis Marriage . . .
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:13:15 -0600

These posts are of interest to me because of the mention of Chester County
PA and Quakers.

Another Quaker couple from Chester County moved to Franklin County sometime
in the 1740s: Robert Hill (b. 1713 Dublin Ireland) married Violet Linus
(b. 1725 Chester Co PA) in a Quaker ceremony 12 Sep 1841, at London Grove
Meeting House, Chester Co. PA.

I wonder how many others (Quakers or not) from Chester Co PA came to
Franklin Co VA in those early days? Perhaps some of them traveled
together. Anyone know?

The remains of the Robert Hill "blockade fort home" are in Rocky Mount,
Franklin County, and both Robert Hill and Violet Linus are buried in the
Old Tanyard Cemetery in Rocky Mount.

I'm very interested in the Willis family, too, since Jubal Willis & Violet
Jones are my 4th g grandparents (and Violet Jones is a granddaughter of
Robert Hill & Violet Linus). Jubal Willis' ancestors have not been
determined. His father may have been David Willis, Sr.

Paula