VAGLOUCE-L Archives

Archiver > VAGLOUCE > 2006-03 > 1142535577

From: "Carol Miller" <>
Subject: RE: [VAGLOUCE] Miller family, Drury Miller 54th Va, War of 1812
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:59:37 -0500

Juanita, No, that's anther Carol Miller. I live in Georgia. And no, I
haven't really looked for Millers in your area yet. I have been researching
the Duttons of your area though because I think there may be a link between
Rev. Mann Dutton who was born in Gloucester and my husband's
2great-grandfather ,William Henry Dutton, who was born in 1789 in
Massachusetts. Both Mann and Henry were living in Bulloch Co Ga at the same
time. William Henry's granddaughter, Sarah Vidella, was my husband's
great-grandmother. She married William Thomas Miller, whose father was
Andrew Lewis Miller b 1809 Tn, died 1865, probably Screven Co Ga where he is
buried.

I recently found a link to a Mathews Co Va Miller family, which was the
marriage of Andrew's great-neice Julia Coleman who married Ridgely Miller in
Anniston Al. Julia's grandfather, Andrew Lewis Miller's brother, was Drury
Miller b 1822 Tn, d 1888 Pickens Co Al.Her parents were Rosalie Miller and
John W. Coleman. I don't know that there is any connection between the
Mathews Co Millers and ours or not, but am trying to explore the
possibility.

I had found the reference to the Drury Miller of the 54th Va Militia a few
months ago, and am trying to follow up on that by finding out where in Va he
lived. I have found very few Drury Millers recorded anywhere in this
country, so there is possibly a connection.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Carol

This thread: