VALDRES-L Archives

Archiver > VALDRES > 1999-10 > 0940020545

From: Karen Heggen <>
Subject: [VALDRES-L] Dorothea Larsdatter b.1842 Valdres/Valders; Trondheim website
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:49:05 -0400

Looking for connections with my ancestors Dorothea Larsdatter b. 2 Nov
1842 Valdres/Valders, Oppland?, Norway m. 8 May 1870 Lier, Buskerud, Norway
to Christian Olson b. there 1 Mar 1843 . Would like to find their
ancestors. (Christian Olson d. 1 Oct 1918 Story City, Story Co, IA ,buried
@ Immanuel Church. Suggested father is Ole Hanson of Lier, Buskerud,
Norway, no proof.) Dorothea Larsdatter Olson died after her husband, also
in Story Co IA, death date unknown. Her undated obituary says she lived in
the county old folks home in Story Co Iowa for the fourteen months prior to
her death.

Christian Olson and Dorothea Larsdatter migrated from Lier, Buskerud,
Norway to Story Co IA two days after their m. 8 May 1870 marriage. Their
children, all born Story Co IA (Story City or Ames), were:

Anna Maria (Mary) Olson b. 20 May 1874, Ames, Story Co., IA, m. 25 Jul
1895 in Ashland, Ashland Co, WI Martin Heggen,b. 5 Feb 1863 Aalesund, Sogn
og Fjordane, Norway (parents unknown. Known sister Marie Heggen Molsater
who lived in WA &/or CA. Probable sister Peraille Heggen who remained in
Norway as did unnamed brother who had at least 2 dau ). Their children,
all born Ashland WI. Only one child survives in 1999 (and his is the only
surviving spouse).:
Lillian Heggen (nm) b. 15 Dec 1896 (wrote to 2 spinster cousins in
Volda Norway, one of whom, Louise Heggen, taught at a teacher's college as
late as 1950.)
Clarence Heggen b. Mar 1899 m1 "Mac" bef Jun 1926, m2 Catherine Cutler
18 Dec 1937, both in Cleveland OH
Evelyn Heggen b. 27 Nov 1900 m. Harold Chesney, Minneapolis MN
Henry Heggen b. 15 Mar 1903, m1 Kathleen Lewis Russell 1926 WA, m2
Marie (surname unkn). He lived in AK 1946 ff, mostly in Anchorage
Myrtle Heggen b. 7 May1905 m. William R. Rogers, metro Detroit, MI
Elmer Heggen (living) b. 3 Aug 1908 m. Fern Spradling (living)
Margaret Heggen b (Sophie Margaret) 17 May 1911 m. Harry Boos, metro
Detroit MI
Ruth Heggen b (Eleanor Ruth) 12 Oct 1915 m. Eino Honkanen, Superior
WI

Sophie Olson b. abt 1875 Story Co IA who m. Mr. Holm and died age 20, (per
her mother's undated obituary.)

Laura Olson b. aft 1875 Story Co IA who m. a NELSON and lived in Eureka
KS. Their ch:
Mabel Nelson b 7 Jan 1903 who d Mar 1986 Eureka, Greenwood Co., KS,
Alfred C. Nelson b30 Jun 1906, d 5 Sept 1982 Eureka, Greenwood Co, KS

Nora Nelson b22 Mar 1917, d 17 Dec 1988 Eureka, Greenwood Co KS,
Neither daughter married. Alfred's marital history is unknown to
me.

Oscar Olson (b. 1870s, Story Co IA, d 1956 Kenmare, Ward Co, ND) who moved
to ND to work on an uncle's farm and m. abt 1920 Caroline Hansch (b.
Germany) . They had one ch Lorraine Olson (living) b. abt 1923 Kenmare,
Ward Co, ND, widow of Roy Tveter.

Research tips and possible connections would be welcome. The son of a
cousin was an exchange student in Norway in the mid 1980s and visited a
Heggen farm, but seems too busy now to look up the information. My niece
hopes to visit Norway next summer and I would like to develop some leads
she could check out.

Karen Heggen

Here is a website for Trondheim but you'll have to translate Norwegian to
read it.
http://www.trondheim.com/

Karen Heggen