VALEE-L Archives

Archiver > VALEE > 2002-06 > 1024884354

From: "MARSIL CREECH" <>
Subject: Re: [VALEE] oops
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:05:54 -0600

Hi again,
I am editor of our genealogy magazine, Creech Country. This is our 12th
year. We have researched this upside down and backwards.
I think I know who submitted that info on the Creech line and he is not
a very thorough researcher at all. Quite a bit of it is incorrect.
With the exception of Elijah and Jonathan, the names listed are the sons
of John Creech b. ca 1774. This John was the brother of Elijah and Jonathan
Creech.
Elijah's 2nd wife was Nancy Spencer as proven by deed by heirs of Wm.
Spencer of Lee Co VA. She is listed as a widow in Lee Co census of 1860
under the spelling of Critch or Crich with some of the remaining children
still at home (they were named in Elijah's will). While Nancy Wells
Tompkins Creech was in Ky with Wm.Brewster.
Jonathan was married 3 times-Polly Anglin,Jane Blair and then an unknown
Nancy. Jane Blair is proven as a wife ad mother of 6 of his children by a
court case in White Co Tn.
The estate of Thomas Robinson ,the brother of Easter Robinson Blair wife of
Charles Blair Sr. Rebecca Maggard and CAtherine Bach were also sisters of
Thomas Robinson and named in the court case.
Jonathan's children are proven by the estate papers filed mostly after
the civil war ended. By that time, there were also grandchildren signing as
heirs as well as the remaining children.
Thanks Judy for your help and time helping me with the Wells connection.

Marsil