VALOUISA-L ArchivesArchiver > VALOUISA > 2002-01 > 1011393087
From: Fulton <>
Subject: [VALOUISA-L] Harris, James, Beech, Chiles, Black, Johnson]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:40:15 -0500
Looking for information on the following families: Beech/Beach/,
Harris, James, Black, Johnson, Dotson/Dolson, Chiles.
Sarah Elizabeth "Betty/Bessie" Harlow, daughter of George William and
Mary Jane (Beach/Beech) Harlow, born: Jan. 13, 1862 in Albemarle Co.,
VA., died: Mar. 7, 1929 in Washington D.C. She is the daughter of
William James and Sarah (Sallie) Ann (Dotson/Dolson) Beach/Beech. She
married twice. First to John T. James, son of John P. and Martha A.
James on Dec. 27, 1887. John T. James was born: ca. 1862 in Fauquier
Co., VA and died prior to 1896. He is buried at "Ashton" Farm in
Albemarle Co., VA. Their children are: Harry Beech James Jr., (married
Carrie Black) and Charles Ernest James. She married a second time to
Ashby Harris on Nov. 3, 1896 in Albemarle Co., VA. Ashby Harris is the
son of T. C. and A. Harris. Apparently they divorced prior to her
moving in with her daughter, Nina, to Washington D.C. in 1925. Ashby
Harris died July 23, 1928 in Warrenton, VA. They had one child, Nina
Harris, born June 20, 1900 in Jeffersonton, Culpepper Co., VA.
Joseph Johnson Harlow, born: July 31, 1874 at "Ashton" Farm in Albemarle
Co., VA, brother to Sarah Elizabeth Harlow and son of George William and
Mary Jane (Beach/Beech) Harlow (above) married his cousin Lelia Anne
Houchins. Lelia Anne Houchins, daughter of Robert M. and Emily Frances
(Beach/Beech) Houchins was born: June 10, 1869 in Fluvanna Co., VA..
Lelia's grandparents are Stephen and Mary (Polly Chiles) Houchins of
Louisa Co., VA. (note: Mary Jane and Emily Frances Beach/Beech are
sisters) Both Joseph Johnson and Lelia Anne are buried in Houchins
Cemetery on Locks Road in Lake Monticello, Fluvanna Co.
This is a bit more detailed regarding, "Robert Mills Houchens Cemetery"
located on Lock's Road in Lake Monticello Subdivision in Fluvanna Co.,
There are 18 residents of the cemetery. The following is how they
connect to each other.
I'll be abbreviating Robert Mills Houchens Cemetery as RMHC and
residents of the cemetery will be underlined.
1) Robert Mills Houchens b: abt 1829-35 Louisa Co., VA d: abt 1924
Buried in RMHC. He married Emily Frances Beach on Nov. 7, 1859
Father: Unknown Mother: Mary Houchins. Grandparents: Stephen and
Polly (Chiles) Houchins of Louisa Co., VA.
2) Emily Frances Beach Houchens b: abt 1836-38 Albemarle Co., VA Buried
in RMHC. Father: William James Beach Mother: Sarah (Sallie) Ann
Dotson/Dolson. Robert and Emily had the following children.
Mary (Mollie) Ellen Houchens
Emma Dotson Houchens
Lelia (Lee) Ann Houchens
Sarah (Sallie) Jane Malinda Houchens
John William Houchens
3) James H. Beach b: Aug. 26, 1826 Albemarle Co., VA d: Jun. 23, 1907
Buried in RMHC. James H. Beach and Emily and Mary Jane Beach (above)
are brother and sisters. James H. Beach had 4 wives: Mary Ann Page,
Maria Caudle, Jane Rosser Thurman and Sallie A. Harlow.
4) Sallie A. Harlow Beach b: abt 1849 Fluvanna Co., VA d: 1920 Buried
in RMHC. Wife to James H. Beach.
5) Mary (Mollie) Ellen Houchens b: Dec. 11, 1863 Fluvanna Co., VA d:
1905 Buried in RMHC. Mary married John Henry Bunch, Sr. on Apr. 29,
1886 Fluvanna Co., VA.
6) John Henry Bunch, Sr. b: Jan. 4, 1861 Albemarle Co., VA d: 1930
Buried in RMHC. John Henry and Mary (Mollie) had the following
Lenora Randolph Bunch
John Henry, Jr.
Robert Harry Bunch
7) Clarence Bunch Buried in RMHC
8) Herman Bunch Buried in RMHC
9) John Henry Bunch Jr. b: abt 1899 d: 1928 Buried in RMHC
10) Madeline Bunch b: 1900 d: 1918 Buried in RMHC
11) Mitchell Bunch Buried in RMHC
12) Lelia (Lee) Ann Houchens Daughter of Robert M. and Emily Houchens.
b: Jun. 10, 1869 Fluvanna Co., VA d: Apr. 19, 1942 Buried in RMHC
Lelia married Joseph Johnson Harlow.
13) Joseph Johnson Harlow b: Jul 31, 1874 "Ashton" Albemarle Co., VA
d:abt 1900 (bef 1908 of typhoid) Father: George William Harlow Mother:
Mary Jane Beach (Note: Mary Jane Beach and Emily Frances Beach are
sisters. Joseph and Lelia are 1st cousins)
14) Sarah (Sallie) Jane Houchens. Daughter of Robert and Emily
Houchens. b: Sept. 5, 1860 Fluvanna Co., VA Buried in RMHC. Sarah
married Edward C. Harding on Nov. 5, 1932 Charlottesville, VA
15) Edward C. Harding b: 1895 PA Buried in RMHC
16) John William Houchens Son of Robert and Emily Houchens. b: Jun. 1,
1867 d:Feb. 18, 1902 Buried in RMHC
17) Chester (Curtis) Lorenzo Melton, b: 1918 d: 1924 Buried in
RMHC. Son of Lenora Randolph Bunch Melton (Lenora - daughter of Mary
Ellen Houchens Bunch) and Chester Lofton Melton.
18) Mary Houchens
Any help would be appreciated regarding those individuals that are
printed in bold type.