VAPITTSY-L Archives

Archiver > VAPITTSY > 2006-07 > 1153276613

Subject: Ellis W. Jones and Drusy Griffith, Pittsylvania County, VA
Date: 18 Jul 2006 20:36:53 -0600

Surnames: Jones, Griffith, Riddle, Daniel, Mayes, Hearp, Ricketts, Craddock, Barker, Willis, Pruitt, Powell
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/3AC.2ACE/1745

Message Board Post:

Searching for confirmation of Birth date and location and information about the death of Ellis W. Jones and Drusy Griffith. Information I have is as follows: Ellis W. Jones b. 1811, m. Drusy Griffith, d/o of Elijah and Rebecca Griffith on January 2, 1839. I have the following children for them. Green Wade Jones b. April 1842, Flinthill area, Pittsylvania Co, VA, d. October 1890, m. Mary L. Riddle Parsons on December 21, 1865 in Pittsylvania County. ;Julia (Julie) Angeline Jones b. 1846 d.1935 m. John M. Daniel; Vincenti W. Jones b. 1847 d. March 1, 1862; Ellis Hannibal Jones b. 1850 d. 1940, m. Martha E. Mays on April 18, 1873 in Pittsylvania Co, VA. I know the 1850 Census shows Drusy Jones age 29 and list the above children age 10 - 8 months. Also listed in the home was Rebecca Griffith age 56, Polly Griffith age 47, and Jane Griffith age 45. The 1840 Census shows a Ellis W. Jones and right underneath is listed Elijah Griffith. My trouble is finding info and !
parents for Ellis W. Jones.

This thread: