VAROCKIN-L Archives

Archiver > VAROCKIN > 2003-09 > 1062638460

Subject: Re: [VAROCKIN] Re: Lookup: Minnick 1850 Census
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:21:00 -0400

From the Rockingham Co, VA Marriage Register:
Samuel Minnick, son of Mathias & Catherine, age 24yr/10mo/10da born & residing in R'ham married Catherine Frank, dau of John & Susannah, age 23yr/4mo/5da born & residing in R'ham 4 Dec 1862 at the house of John Frank by John Philip Cline.
Mathias Minnick has a 3 May 1828 Marriage Bond to marry Dolly Earhart dau of Henry Earhart, and they were married by Jacob Harshbarger who lists himself as "Minister of the Gospel in Shenandoah County". Are Dolly and Christina and Catherine the same person? I certainly don't know. I did not see another marriage listing for Mathias, but may have missed something.

These are NOT my families - I was just doing a look up for who ever wanted it.
Thom Flory

In a message dated 9/1/2003 4:10:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> Surnames: McDorman, Shifflett, Hollen, Miller, Sandy, Cave, Crawford
> Classification: Query
>
> Message Board URL:
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/5BC.2ACI/1142.2
>
> Message Board Post:
>
> The following is a more in depth search in the state of Virginia for a child of 12 named Sammuel Minnick. It is only shown for documentation purpose in order to know who/what/where was searched for your records
>
> The following information is from viewing actual census photos.
> The following is based on a search of MINN* to include endings of C,H,& K
>
> county of Rockingham
> John
> Jacob
> Joseph
>
> county of Shenandoah
> Peter
>
> county of Botetourt
> Catherine
>
> county of Giles
> Charles
>
> county of Montgomery
> Henry
> John- has a son Samuel aged 21
>
> county of Roanoke
> John M.
>
> county of Washington
> John
> Benjamin
> John
> Michael
> Peter
> Benjamin
> Susan
> Austin
> Henry
> Isaac
> George
>
> The following was based on a search of MINI* including endings of C, H, & K
>
> county of Augusta
> Noah- not found
>
> county of Botetourt
> Isaac
> Andrew
>
> county of Dinwiddie
> Loveley
>
> county of Mason
> Elizabeth
>
> county of Scott
> Jacob
> Nancy
> Mary
>
> county of Washington
> John
> Suander
>
> county of Rockingham
> Mathias- son Samuel aged 11
> Harvey
> John
>
> So it appears that the family you are looking for is:
>
> 1850 Census-District 56, Rockingham, Virginia. Roll M432_974 page 127
>
> Mathias Minick aged 74 Farmer All born in Virginia
> Christina 52
> David 23
> William 22
> Mahalu 21
> [...]