VAROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > VAROOTS > 1999-06 > 0930024694

From: Pat Goodwin <>
Subject: [VAROOTS-L] Maps
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:11:34 -0400

Ruby,
Sorry I don't have these sites broken down more, but they were under my
map heading. Hope this helps.
Patti
http://www.melvyl.ucop.edu/
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/world_maps.html
http://www.livgenmi.com/1895.htm
U.S. Census Bureau TIGER Map
http://www.census.gov/geo/www/index.html
Virginia Digital Map Library
http://viva.lib.virginia.edu/gic/maps/maps_va.html
"Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920," by William
Thorndale
and William Dollarhide, (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co.,
1987)

http://shop.ancestry.com/ancestry/mapguidtousf.html
"Rand McNally Commercial Atlas and Marketing Guide" (Chicago, IL: Rand
McNally & Company) http://www.randmcnally.com/home/index.htm
"Land & Property Research in the United States," by E. Wade Hone (Salt
Lake City, UT: Ancestry, Inc., 1997)
http://shop.ancestry.com/ancestry/lanandpropre1.html
Here is a good map of the Great Wagon Road that was the major route from
Philadelphia to Lancaster Co., PA to Staunton, VA and south.
http://marketplace.staunton.va.us/oldtur/wagroad.html

> Does anyone know a site that has a map of how the states of Va, Ky, Tn
> & North Carolina was divided up in 1814? Thanks Ruby

This thread: