VASCOTT-L Archives

Archiver > VASCOTT > 2000-10 > 0972065137

From: "Jean Brand" <>
Subject: [VASCOTT-] Pictures and info and Frazier murders by John Barnett.
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:05:37 -0700

Good monring,

I just recd a large package from my Barnett cousin, Jean Pierson in Weber City, Scott Co., VA, with many old pictures from Harold Peters and Marriage and Death certificates, etc. The pictures are:
Mcmcnutt line:
Carson H. McNutt headstone and house he was born in, 2 different pictures of Carson Mcmcnutt and Eila Mae Lyons taken at Shoemaker High School, Pvt Milburn W. Mcmcnutt taken 1969, group picture Eula Mae Mcmcnutt, Gladys Elizabeth Peters, Kermit Peters, & John Peters; Elua Mae Lyons Mcmcnutt and Isaac Hurd (very young), heasdstones for David M. Mcmcnutt & Sarah E. Mcmcnutt and few others.

Reed line:
group picture with Patricia Reed, Edd Reed, Kyle Reed, Ronald Reed and few other Reeds.; Oferrell Reed,Jr; Claud Reed; Frances Castle and Norma Reed; Oferrell Reed,Sr; Claude Raymond Reed and Benny Evelyn Peters Reed; Thelma Reed, she died young; Claudia Templeton Reed and Oferrell Reed; Jones W. Reed (looks like the name) and Cordelia Hester Reed; very old picture of the Reed men, Lucian Lane & Ethel Reed Lane; kyle Reed holding two babies; Oferrel Reed, Letha Wampler Reed, Thelma Reed, Claude Reed, and Oferrell Reed,Jr; James W. Reed and wife; Amelia Rachel Branddon Reed.

Smith line; Mr and Mrs Adam Smith celebrated their 87th 87th birthday. Mrs Smith is the former Sallie Hammond; Thomas Smith & Jemima Horton Smith; Adam Smith and Sally Hammond Smith; Robert Smith and Josie Gregon (looks like) Smith; Telda Smith;

Someone wrote asking a question on the Gibson line, Jean sent the marriage cert, just have to go through the stack.

John Barnett murdered Creed and his brother Wiley Frazier over the Barnett land on Big Ridge. Creed and Wiley were the grandsons of Adaline Barnett and Joshua Daniel Frazier of Natural Bridge, Scott Co., VA.

Hope this helps someone, it sure does help me. It seems the Reed line ties in another WAY TO MY OTHER LINE AS WELL.

Jean Brand G
2254 W. Gettysburg
Fresno, CA 93705
&