VAUGHAN-L Archives

Archiver > VAUGHAN > 1998-05 > 0896039819

From: "Nancy Bible" <>
Subject: Re: [VAUGHAN-L] [Fwd: Vaughns and Todds in AL]
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:56:59 -0700

Flo,
I found a few things at the library yesterday, don't know if they will help
you or not, but here they are:

From: Genealogy and Local History Vol. 1 by Betty Wood Thomas, Certified
Genealogist, Lowndes Co. 1979.

p. 73 W.W. Vaughn is Withess to will fo Samuel S.Thomas, dated Nov. 8,
1851, recorded Dec 5, 1851. Mr. Thomas is buried at Vaughn Cem.

>From Perkins Family Genealogy,<didn't get page number>

Alfred J. Perkins, son of Joseph and Mary Pauline (Ussery)Perkins , born
1814, Giles County, TN, died after Jan. 20, 1873, married Kissiah Vaughn,
daughter of John and Elizabeth (?) Vaughn, born 1816, Giles County, TN.
Children: John Hardin, b. 1836; William J., b. 1838; Mary E. , b. 1841;
Samuel H. , b. 1846; George Fletcher, b. Jan 5, 1853; and Alfred Perry, b.
Jan 3, 1855.

>From Yates Family Genealogy, p. 104

In 1850 N.B. was living with his sister, Martha (Yates) Ward Vaughan and
Daniel N. Yates was living with the family of Peter Crawford. Daniel
served as the administrator for both of his parents' estates.
Martha A. Yates, daughter of Thomas P. and Abigail (?) Yates, b.
Feb.21, 1826, AL., died April 16, 1862, married (1) Feb. 7 , 1843 William
D. Ward; (2) Gabriel Vaaughan. Children -first marriage (surname Ward);
Jane A. b. 1845; Sarah A.N. b. 1847; Second marriage (surname Vaughan);
Lemuel Gabriel, b. Oct. 31, 1856, d. Feb. 24, 1931; Tennessee E. b. April
19,1860; and Shaler H. b. Jan. 26, 1862, died Aug 22, 1924.

1820 MS Census, Baughn, James in Monroe Co., MS - 1 male over 45 years
old, and 1 female over 45 years old.

same census: Vaun <sic>, John , in Monroe Co., MS - 3 males under 10
years old, 1 male between 26 &45 years old. 1 female under 10 yrs old, 2
females between 10 & 16, and 1 female 26 to 45 years old.

If this is not any of your family, maybe it will help someone else.
Nancy

----------
> From: F.J. or H.G. Dickey <>
> Subject: Re: [VAUGHAN-L] [Fwd: Vaughns and Todds in AL]
> Date: Friday, May 22, 1998 7:13 AM
>
> > Nancy Bible wrote:
> > >
> > > My great aunt, Rosa Lamar Todd(Rosa was the daughter of Jonathan
Criswell
> > > Stokely Todd and Missouri Palestine "Pallie" Morris), married Rev.
Arthur
> > > Vaughn Sep 10, 1892 in Lamar Co., AL
> > > They had the following children: > > 1. Poem Vaughn> > 2. Paul> > 3.
Silas > > 4. Arthur Lamar 5. Ruth> > 6. Doris > > 7. Eva > > 8. Rosa > >
9.Berryl