VERMONT-L Archives

Archiver > VERMONT > 2000-01 > 0948840715

From: "Bob Murphy" <>
Subject: Re: [VT-L] War of 1812
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:51:55 -0500

I checked the "State of Vermont Roster of Soldiers in the War of 1812-14",
prepared and published under the direction of Herbert T. Johnson, Adjutant
General, 1933. I found the following entries.

Heath, Daniel, Fifer
Enlisted 25 Sep 1813 in Capt. Charles Bennett's Company, Dixon's
Regiment.

Heath, David, Corinth
Volunteered to go to Plattsburgh, Sep 1814, and served in company of
Capt. Ebenezer Spencer of Vershire. Ref: Book 52, AGO Page 48.

There was no Lufkin Heath listed.

I also checked the "Index to War of 1812 Pension Files", transcribed by
Virgil D. White, 1989, and found the following entry:

Heath, David, SO-34023, srv Capt E. Spencer's Co. VT Mil as a Pvt.

There was no listing for a Daniel Heath from Vermont, nor any listing for a
Lufkin Heath.

Sincerely,
Bob

This thread: