VERMONT-L Archives

Archiver > VERMONT > 2000-09 > 0967931406

Subject: Re: [VERMONT-L] Defense of town clerks
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:50:06 -0700

Kathy,
Well said. I was very pleased with the fact that the Franklin, VT. town
clerk got out the books and let me read them. She also knew the farm
that had been in our lineage for 6 generations and made the suggestion
that my elusive great grandfather, JOhn BOYD may have been born in
DUNHAM, QUEBEC. I sometimes feel that there are individuals to tightly
wound in this genealogy process.
When I get stuck on something I have found it very useful to put it aside
and start another. It's strange but I have found many missing clues by
doing another project and even trying to be helpful to another. A little
patience helps and a lot of tolarence is essential.
Thanks for your help on the list and to all who are so helpful and
understanding I wish to say thanks from this inquistive, curious
busybody.
Harriet in NH