VERMONT-L Archives

Archiver > VERMONT > 2002-03 > 1017006359

From: "Charlotte M. Davis" <>
Subject: [VERMONT-L] John Haskell Edson, Bethel, Vermont 1895
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:45:59 -0900

I have been transcribing Bethel Family Histories for over a year. Before I
leave for my month long research trip I want them posted to the Vermont
List. I am not related to these families. I cannot take any lookup
requests until my return in May.

> Sincerely,
> Charlotte M. Davis
> Fairbanks, Alaska
>
> Host for Bethel, Vermont
> http://www.rootsweb.com/~vtcbethe/

The Illustrated History of Bethel, Vermont 1895 by Fred G. Cox

Page 100

John Haskell Edson, son of Edwin G. and Anna (May) Edson, was born in West
Randolph, Vt., January 30, 1864. He attended the public schools of
Randolph, and at the age of twenty-one he entered the employ of L. F.
Sparhawk, beginning the trade of photography, which he has since made his
line of business. He remained with Mr. Sparhawk three months, when he
accepted a position in the studio of H. H. H. Langill, at Hanover, N. H.,
where he was employed for nearly four years. He came to Bethel in January,
1889, and opened a photograph gallery and is still carrying on the same in
the Child block. Mr. Edson has gradually improved in workmanship until his
photographs now stands with the leading artists of this section. Many of
the pictures of this book was taken from his photographs. Mr. Edson was
married July 2, 1887, to Lillian E. Brown, of Bethel, Vt.

This thread: