VERMONT-L Archives

Archiver > VERMONT > 2002-05 > 1020981607

Subject: [VERMONT-L] Gypsies/Nomads?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 18:00:07 EDT

Dear List Members,

My gg grandmother was adopted in Swanton, VT. She was born 12/22/1866. Her
name was Sadie Lucia Richardson, but her real surname was supposedly
Kennison. She was adopted by Eli Richardson of Fairfax/Swanton, a Civil War
Veteran, and his wife Lucia Lowell Richardson of Fairfax/Swanton. The story
that was always told about her was that the Gypsies dropped her off. Not
sure if this was a joke or what? Was this a term used in the old days for
people who were like nomads? I have not been able to find out who were her
real parents. Were there groups of people like that back then?

Karen Cate Lyman, NH formerly St.Johnsbury, VT

This thread: