VERMONT-L Archives

Archiver > VERMONT > 2008-07 > 1216780336

From: "Carlene E. Jerd" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:32:16 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of Betty
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: [VERMONT] SCRIBNER

Hi Jackie,

While browsing at eBay yesterday, I found mention of "Scribner's magazine."
I had heard the name before but didn't know why. I just remembered to
search for information and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Scribner

Charles SCRIBNER was born in NYC in 1821, but his parents were Uriah ROGERS
and Mrs. Betsey (HAWLEY) SCRIBNER. It looks like he took his mother's
name as an adult -- or he was a child of Betsey's from a first marriage.

Just an FYI for you.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)