VEST-L Archives

Archiver > VEST > 2006-11 > 1162573880

From: "Shauna Benvegnu" <>
Subject: Re: [VEST] simeon vest
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:11:20 -0700

Hi LuAnn - Yes, it is... My husband's mother is a Vest. Her father is Clarence Yokely Vest. He married Wavie Burch. They only had one child, my husband's mother, Lucille Barbara Vest who is still living. Yokely and Wavie have past away. Yokely's parents were Levi Hiram Vest (1884-1975) and Hattie Hamilton(1886-1961). Levi's parents were Hiram Levi Vest(1853-1945) and Sallie Lee Larman(1858-1891). Hiram's parents were Levi Vest(b 1807) and Elizabeth (Betsy) Bias (b1818). Levi Vest parents were Andrew Charles Vest (1777-1849) and Martha Addison (b 1784). Andrew Charles Vest parents were Charles Erwin Vest (b 1759) and Sarah Briggs (b 1761). Charles Erwin Vest parents were William Tunwell Vest(1735-1812) and Lucy Alford (b 1737). They were married in 1754 in Bedford Co. VA. They moved to S tockes Co., NC where they were both born. I show there were 13 children from William and Lucy Vest. They were William Vest (b1755), Samuel Vest (7 Apr 1757), Charles Erwin Vest (!
1759),Isham Vest (b1763), Charles S Vest (b 1763),John Vest (1765), Isham Vest (1766),Elizabeth Vest (b1767), Mary Vest (1769), Jenny Vest (1771), Jane Vest (b 1771), Anna Vest (1773), and Martha Vest (1775). I show they lived in Stock Co., N.C. and then moved to Powhattan Co. VA sometime between 1763 and 1765. William Tunwell Vest died in 1812 in Powhattan Co., VA

William Tunwell Vest's parents were John D. Vest(1705-1765) and Ann Bakes(b1707). John and Ann Vest lived in Chesterfield Co. VA and they had 10 children:
1.William Vest (1735-1812)
2. Valentine Vest (before 1740)
3. Valentine Vest (1740- 4 May 1759)
4. Elizabeth Vest (1743)
5. James Vest (1745)
6. John Vest (1748)
7. Phillip H. Vest (1748)
8. Martha Vest (1755)
9. George Vest (1757-1845) Boone, Kentucky
10. Jennie Vest (1760)

John D. Vest's parents were John Valentine Vest(b 1679-23 Jun 1735) and Elizabeth (b1683) in Virginia. I have John Valentine Vest's father as Moses Vest (b 1655) Virigina? and wife 1657? VA? married about 1678?VA? Moses and his wife may have had a son, Moses Vest, Chesterfield, VA b 1679?

So I too, am on the Moses Vest hunt!... There are also records that show he may have been from Germany?

>>> "LuAnn Aldred" <> 10/31/2006 9:10 AM >>>
WOW! Tell me more so we can compare...not sure if I have it all right or
not!
This is exciting! Thanks for replying!
LuAnn Aldred
Ontario, Oregon