VIRUS-DISCUSSION-L Archives

Archiver > VIRUS-DISCUSSION > 2004-12 > 1103826265

From: ETM <>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [VIRUS] AVG 7 and Roxio 5 basic
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:24:25 -0500

Elizabeth, I will send your message through. Hopefully it
will appear. Good luck!

Elaine

This is a forwarded message
From: Elizabeth Tilton <>
Date: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 9:57:42 AM
Subject: [VIRUS] AVG 7 and Roxio 5 basic

I tried to send this message twice to but
it has not appeared on the list. This morning I will uninstall AVG version
7 and try to burn my disk with Roxio version 5. If that is successful I
will install either Avast or PC-cillin for an anti-virus program. If it is
not successful then [8-((.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Elizabeth

Dear Elaine and Annette,

Thanks so much for your prompt replies about my AVG/Roxio problem.

The file I downloaded from Roxio (I tried it twice) is:
updatecdr4_53_71.exe
When I click on the file name to execute the file I receive an error message:
The Cdr4 layer has not been detected.
I haven't a clue what this means or how to correct the condition, if indeed
such is possible.

I do not have the original Roxio disk because the software was installed by
Gateway when the CD burner was installed at the shop.

I may be in the market for a different anti-virus program since I do need
my CD burner regularly. But I have used AVG for years and have been so
pleased with it.

Thank you both so much!

Elizabeth