VT-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > VT-CEMETERIES > 2006-03 > 1143818181

From: "E. Boomhower" <>
Subject: Re: St. Paul's cemetery in Barton, VT
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:16:21 -0800

From the NW U.S.A., My wife and I are wondering if you reported the
damage to anyone who could DO anything about it.

==================
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:08:26 EST writes:
On Wednesday, March 22, 2006, two of my first cousins and I were walking
through some of the cemeteries where they have found deceased family
members in Barton, Sutton and surrounding towns. This was my first time
to the cemeteries as I live in FL. We were absolutely outraged to find at
least a dozen huge stones throughout St. Paul's Cemetery knocked off of
their bases, one of which we know belongs to a Grondin family member of
our LaClair tree. The cemetery was closed to traffic so we had to park
at the gate and walk up there as I'm sure anyone else would have had to
have done to get to the graves. The Valley's & LaClair's had a lot to do
with St. Paul's church as they actually helped to build it and as such
their surnames are memorialized in the stained glass windows of the
church along with others who helped to build it. Hopefully the stones can
be put back on their bases without any major damage. Lois

This thread: