WADE-L Archives

Archiver > WADE > 1999-07 > 0933052368

From: "David M. Waid" <>
Subject: [WADE-L] Pember WAID
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:12:48 -0400

I just came across a submission to Ancestry about Pember WAID and I
would like to make some corrections and additions to it. I tried to contact
the submitter, but the mail came back as undeliverable.
Pember's grandson, Francis C. WAID has published three volumes
concerning the WAID's and others in PA. I have placed portions of the
second volume, SECOND SOUVENIR, on the Crawford County, PA list. The first
volume, SOUVENIR, contains a list of Pember and Anna (not Martha) LORD
WAID'S children and some of their children. I'll also provide information I
have concerning Anna LORD'S family.
Erastus, b. May 24, 1800 in Lyme, CT. He married Elvera Simmons
(Philander's Simmons sister). Two children - maybe more. Lived in New
York.
Ira C., b. Aug. 15, 1801 in Lyme, CT. He married Elizabeth Priscilla
Morehead Jun. 12, 1825. He died Jan. 27, 1870. Four children. Lived in
Crawford Co., PA.
Mary Ann, b. Feb. 26, 1803 in Lyme, CT. She married Philander Simmons
Jan. 18, 1821. She died Apr. 4, 1890. Ten children. Lived in Jamestown,
New York.
Martha L., b. May 18, 1804 in Lyme, CT. She married Lathrop M. Allen.
She died Jun. 23, 1833. Three children - maybe more. Lived in PA.
Eliza C., b. Jan. 11, 1806 in Lyme, CT. She married Gamaliel Phillips.
She died Jul. 24, 1887. Five children - maybe more. Lived in PA, some
children went west.
Samuel L., b. June 11, 1808 in Lyme, CT. He married UNKNOWN. He died
abt. 1862. Eight children. Lived in PA and MI.
Phoebe Matilda, b. Sept. 24, 1811 in Lyme, CT. She married Cyrus
Goodwill Jan. 8, 1829. She died May 20, 1900. Eight children. Lived in
PA.
Clarissa Ursilla, b. Jan. 26, 1813 in Lyme, CT. She married George
Roudebush abt 1837. She died Jun. 13, 1853. Four children - maybe more.
Lived in PA.
Henry Augustus, b. Jan. 25, 1816 in Lyme, CT. He died abt. 1863. Lived
in PA and IL.

**Pember and family moved to PA in 1818, with the possible exception of
Erastus**

Andrew Gilbert, b. May 11, 1818 in Woodcock Township, PA. He married
Jane DeCamp abt 1840. He died aft. Dec. 10, 1889. Six children. Lived in
PA and MI. (This is my line)
Horace Franklin, b. Jul. 12, 1820 in Woodcock Township, PA. Lived in
PA.

Anna(e) LORD's (b. May 22, 1776; d. Feb. 2, 1844)parents were Samuel and
Elizabeth BATES LORD. According to the IGI, her siblings were:
Elizabeth, b. Jun. 11, 1769
Samuel, b. Jun. 11, 1769
Nicholas, b. Feb. 17, 1771
Catherine, b. Sept. 6, 1772
Solomon, b. May 29, 1774
Betsy, b. May 16, 1778
Lydia, b. Aug. 31, 1780
Lois, b. Oct. 6, 1782
Martha, b. Nov. 22, 1784
Perlina, b. Aug. 21, 1787

Both Pember and Anna died in Woodcock Township, PA and are buried in the
Blooming Valley Cemetary. Pember's father is believed to be Josiah WAID. I
have located a Josiah WAID in Litchfield, CT in the 1790 census, but no
other information other than his parents is presently known - Jonathan WAID
(WADE) and Hannah RANSOM (based on a land deed in Lyme, CT). If I can find
support for Josiah being Pember's father, I have several other generations
in tact.

Other than Erastus and Mary Ann, most of Pember's children were in
Crawford County, PA for a time. Many stayed in PA. If anyone has any
questions, please feel free to contact me.

David

This thread: