WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY-L Archives

Archiver > WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY > 2007-03 > 1173276516

From: "J. Lewis" <>
Subject: Re: [WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:08:36 +0000

In message <>, Uncharted Families
<> writes

>Thanks to all who came to my aid in figuring out where Pontypridd is. I
>appreciate it very much.
>
>Nova
>in c-c-c-cold (-36C with windchill today) Ontario, Canada

Hmm! I suppose Lake Superior is partly frozen again. If you ever pass
the area can you see if you can find my dad's aeroplane. He crashed a
WW2 Halifax bomber into that lake in 1941? and lost it. All eight on
board got out and walked to safety across the ice. That's what he told
me anyway. :-)

Embarrassing really, as he was training some of your pilots to fly the
damn thing when the wire control lines froze solid.

I still have the leather jacket he wore at the time which has two
squadron patch badges sewn on the sleeves, one British and one Canadian.

--
Jeff
"Ymswynwch rhag Gwyr y Gloran".

This thread: