WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY-L Archives

Archiver > WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY > 2007-03 > 1173283539

From: Hayduke <>
Subject: Re: [WALES-LOCAL-HISTORY] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:05:39 -0800

This is a reminder from your friendly moderator:

The Wales-Local-History list is for the discussion of local history in
Wales. Please do not send off-topic posts such as the following.

Yes, there is little traffic on this list; better to be light and on
target.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Michael Alan Lewis
12th generation lineal male descendent of George Lewis of Llys Talybont,
Llandaff Parish, Glamorgan, Wales

on 3/7/07 6:08 AM, J. Lewis at wrote:

> Hmm! I suppose Lake Superior is partly frozen again. If you ever pass
> the area can you see if you can find my dad's aeroplane. He crashed a
> WW2 Halifax bomber into that lake in 1941? and lost it. All eight on
> board got out and walked to safety across the ice. That's what he told
> me anyway. :-)
>
> Embarrassing really, as he was training some of your pilots to fly the
> damn thing when the wire control lines froze solid.
>
> I still have the leather jacket he wore at the time which has two
> squadron patch badges sewn on the sleeves, one British and one Canadian.

This thread: