WALKER-L Archives

Archiver > WALKER > 1997-04 > 0862384915

From: MRS LINDA K JOBE< >
Subject: Re: Randolph Walker
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 02:21:55, -0500

Smitty,

Thanks for the offer on the Randolph of Anderson Co. KY, but he is
not my Randolph. I know about him and the other two, Sr., Jr. and
possibly the third who was in early 50's in the 1850 census in KY.
My Randolph was son of a Thomas Walker whose will was probated in
1842 in Maury Co., TN. This Randolph was the one on a list last
Weekend that gave he and his brothers and sisters and their birth
dates and their parents as Thomas and Sarah and the birth records
were in Northumberland Co. VA. My Randolph was b. in VA in 1801.
This Randolph was living in Trigg Co., KY in the 1830 census, and
then moved down to Maury Co., TN before the 1840 census, where he was
listed in it there and also in 1850 census. A cousin thought the
other Randolph's or Randalls, or Randols might be our Lysander's
father at one time, but the two older ones were too old, and the 1880
census on Lysander said that his parents were b. in VA. Anyway,
Lysander we knew was in Maury Co., KY in 1844 as that is when he
married Elizabeth Kelley/Kelly, and he was in the 1850 census there,
but was in Bastrop Co. TX in 1860 and in Coryell Co. TX in 1880
census and d. in 1890 in Coryell Co. Don't know if those Randolph's
in Anderson and Woodford Co. were kin to my Randolph or not. Thanks
for the offer anyway, and happy hunting!!!

Linda J.

P.S. Our Randolph's wife was Elizabeth Coleman.

This thread: