WALKER-L Archives

Archiver > WALKER > 1998-06 > 0896838861

From: "H. Don Brown" <>
Subject: [WALKER-L] Walker Family Genealogy (John D.)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:54:21 -0500

I am looking for information on John D. Walker and Elizabeth Joyner. Below
is the information that I currently have from family records. I have heard
from family members that John may have come from Pennsylvania, but we do not
have any records as such. Specifically, I am looking for the lineage of
John's and Elizabeth's ancestry line.

Sincerely,
Don Brown

Descendants of John D. Walker

Generation No. 1
1. John D. Walker was born 1798 in VA. He married
Elizabeth Joyner September 26, 1818 in Isle of Wight County,
VA, daughter of Thomas Joyner and Martha ?.

More About John D. Walker:
Fact 1: Moved from Virginia to Columbus County, NC before
any children were born
Fact 2: Marrage records in Sec V, Chap 54, Isle of Wight, VA
1772-1850

Children of John Walker and Elizabeth Joyner are:
+ 2 i. Mills M. Walker, born July 07, 1826 in NC; died
3 ii. D. John Walker, born 1827. He married Sarah.
January 01, 1902 in Columbus County, NC.
4 iii. Elizabeth Walker, born 1839.
5 iv. Helen Walker, born 1846.
6 v. Penelope Hinson, born 1853.

Generation No. 2
2. Mills M. Walker was born July 07, 1826 in NC, and died
January 01, 1902 in Columbus County, NC. He married
Martha.
More About Mills M. Walker:
Fact 1: Tenant Farmer
Fact 2: Military Service: Company E, 2nd Artillery
Child of Mills Walker and Martha is:
+ i. Frank Leslie Walker, born November 15, 1869 in
in Columbus County, NC; died December 12, 1927

Generation No. 3

7. Frank Leslie Walker was born November 15, 1869 in
Columbus County, NC, and died December 12, 1927 in NC.
He married Orphia Flowers.

Children of Frank Walker and Orphia Flowers are:
+ 8 i. Lula Marie Walker, born August 18, 1901 in Columbus
County, Bowden, NC; died September 27, 1979 in
Effingham, SC.
9 ii. Pearl Walker.
10 iii. Lizzy Walker.
11 iv. Femming Walker.

Generation No. 4

8. Lula Marie Walker was born August 18, 1901 in Columbus
County, Bowden, NC, and died September 27, 1979 in
Effingham, SC. She married Horace Daniel Brown, son
of Halcey Brown and Mary Benton.

This thread: