WALKER-L Archives

Archiver > WALKER > 1998-12 > 0913950389

From: "JUDITH KATZMARK" <>
Subject: Re: [WALKER-L] Where does WALKER come from
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:06:29 -0800

Jim,

Thanks for the series of notes on the origin of the WALKER name. Some
sound familiar, but nice to have the varying theories. So interesting that
I'll put them in my files for future reference. The eye-opener, though, was
the statistical count. After a number of years searching WALKERs I
independently concluded that the name was as common to the South as Smith in
the NY phone book.

No messengers shot from California.

Kudos.

Judith