WALL-L Archives

Archiver > WALL > 2002-02 > 1014695954

From: "Miranda Griffin" <>
Subject: Re: [WALL] Mastin Wall, Stokes County NC?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:59:17 -0500

Kathy,
I probably started Mastin Wall with 4 wives my mistake...

Masten Wall married 3 times:
1st Martha Rebecca Barr 13 Dec 1836 Stokes Co. NC
2nd Rebecca Susan Booze 14 June 1864 Stokes Co. NC
3rd Nancy S. Fulk Carlisle 29 Sept 1887 Stokes Co. NC

Found a descendant of Masten Wall and Susan Rebecca Booze.
Their son was William Ivan Wall b.15Jan1866 d.07Feb1945
married Lousa Taylor 13Mar1887 Forsyth Co. NC; both are
buried Crews United Methodist Church, Walkertown, Forsyth
Co., NC.

Have also found another son of Mastin Wall and Nancy S. Fulk
Carlisle Wall which what thought died at an early age...
Adam Wall b. 1890 m. 28Feb1912 Forsyth Co. NC to Sadie Everhart
Floyd (Widow).. I have not yet connected with descendants of
Adam and Sadie...I found Adam Wall was living in Greensboro,
Guilford Co. NC when his Mother died in 1936; then ca 1938 he
moved from Pomona #1 Hewitt St. in Greensboro and found in the
Glen Eagle community of Burlington, Alamance Co. NC.. Adam and
Sadie had 7 children; 2 are buried at Alamance Memorial Park
in Alamance Co. NC.; some of Adam and Sadie's children moved
to New Jersey, Philadelphia and in 1961 a dau. Louise Setzer was overseas.

Would like to correspond with any of Adam and Sadie's descendants..

I found a marriage in Stokes Co. NC of James Wall age 61
son of Bird Wall and Lucy Wall (both dead) on 06 Sept 1888
to Luvisa F. Hauser age 47 dau of Samuel Hauser (dead) and
Mary Hauser....With help from descendants of Masten Wall I
now believe Mastin Wall had a brother James Wall that may
have 1st married Elizabeth C. Bowen... I have not found a
marriage of James Wall and Elizabeth C. Bowen; James Wall
b. 06 Aug 1827 d. 07 Nov 1911 is buried at Mt. Pleasant
Meth. Church Cem. Tobaccoville, Forsyth Co. NC along with
2nd wife Luvisa F. Hauser....and first wife Elizabeth 1828-Jan 1888.
Children from the first marriage:
Catherine Sarah b.25Dec1850 m.J.W. Booze 29Dec1870; d.25Dec1928.
John William b.13Feb1854 d.11May1930
Phillip A. b.21July1855 d.24May1924
Lacy Ellen b.27June1866 m.John R. Hauser 1885 d.12Mar1935
James A. b.1874 d.02Dec1945???(have not read Death Certificate yet)

Last week saw photo of Lacy Ellen Wall Hauser with her family.
Bernice Tuttle Moser a grand-daughter of Lacy Ellen Wall Hauser
had just received copy of photo from her sister with their
mother Lela Mae Hauser Tuttle sitting on her mother's lap;
Lela Mae Hauser Tuttle was born 25 May 1905 d. 12 June 1987, Lela
Mae was about 1 year old when the picture was taken.

Bernice Tuttle Moser was not familiar with her Great-Grandfather
being married twice.. If I can prove that the same James Wall
married to Elizabeth C. Bowen and 2nd to Luvisa F. Hauser, then
Bernice Tuttle Moser will be another descendant of Bird Wall
and Lucy Griffin...The 2nd marriage certificate to Luvisa F.
Hauser gives his parents names..I have not found proof of
first marriage to Elizabeth C. Bowen..