WARWICK-L Archives

Archiver > WARWICK > 1997-11 > 0879654589

From: Neil Smith< >
Subject: The Elusive Mr. Smith
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:29:49 -0800

My name is Neil Smith and the last couple of years I have been trying to
trace my Family History. I am particularly interested in the origins of
"Mr. James Smith" (no middle name).

According to his Death Certificate he was born in Warwickshire in about
1854, no exact date is available, neither is the exact place of birth
unfortunately. However, I do know his parents names were Charles & Myra
Smith, and that he may have had a sister named Ann.

James Smith sailed from Gravesend aboard the Lutterworth (a Shaw Savill)
ship on the 28 Dec. 1872 and arrived in Otago, NZ in April 1873. He
married in 1880 and raised nine children and lived out a happy life in
NZ. He died in 1931.

Today I visited the Web Page of Hugh Winters and discovered that you to
are researching Smith Families that have their roots in Warwickshire
also. It is my hope that perhaps you might have come across my family
line somewhere along the way.

I would love to hear from anyone who might be able to give me a clue or a
suggestion of where to direct my energies next in the search for "The
Elusive Mr. Smith's" past.

Thank you for your time.

Neil R. Smith

Email:

Researching:
Smith Family History ~ Warwickshire to New Zealand