WARWICK-L Archives

Archiver > WARWICK > 1999-04 > 0923413495

From: Gary Archer <>
Subject: Warneford Hospital, Leamington
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 08:44:55 -0700

The Warneford Hospital was closed and demolished in 1988 and is now a
housing estate. From its opening in 1832 it was a general hospital and a
maternity hospital; its functions have now been taken over by Warwick
Hospital, which is much bigger.
Apart from outpatient services, I don't believe it was specifically
designated for mental health services in its later years - it remained a
general/maternity hospital. I think there may be some confusion with the
Central Hospital, Hatton, which is also now demolished/converted into
housing, and was a 'mental hospital'.
Gary Archer
Leamington Spa Library, Warwickshire

This thread: