WASLEY-L Archives

Archiver > WASLEY > 2002-04 > 1017977375

Subject: [WASLEY] Re: Cornwall Wasley's from Grass Valley, Nevada, CA. (other names-Long, Gilmore, Gribbens,Miller)
Date: 4 Apr 2002 20:29:35 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/QcVBAIB/38.2.1

Message Board Post:

Since I posted I have learned my gg Grandfather was Thomas Wasley (father of Henry “Cody” Wasley) from England according to Henry “Cody” Wasley’s (believe “Cody” to be a nickname) burial information. Whether Thomas came with other siblings or stopped on the way to Grass Valley, CA. I have no idea and am completely lost beyond this point. He too, is buried in Grass Valley. Names that stand out in the family are Henry, James, Clifford, Norman and Alfred. No one was named after Thomas unless he has an unknown middle name. Henry Wasley was born 1880, Grass Valley. I have found a William Wasley born 1876 in Nevada Co; mother’s maiden name Miller whom I believe is Henry’s Brother. If so, Thomas and his wife Mary Ellen Miller came to CA. in the 1870’s. Sorry I cannot help you at this time, but will continue looking!

This thread: