WATSON-L Archives

Archiver > WATSON > 2009-01 > 1233195412

From: Linda Watson <>
Subject: [WATSON] new to group: my interests
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:16:52 -0800 (PST)

I'm Linda Watson, and new to this group. I'm also fairly new to genealogy so please excuse any awkwardness in how I relate my lineage.  The earliest ancestor I can trace is (and then I'll continue "down" from there to me):

Thomas John Watson 1703-1802  (Dunraven Castle, Wales)
Thomas Cherrystone Watson 1731-1811 (b Pittsylvania, Virginia)
George Watson d 1831 (Virginia)
Ehud Dempsey Watson 1794-1876 (b Virginia, died Marion, Illinois Watson cemetary) [note: developer apparently wanting to pave over)
William Riley Watson 1822-1898 (b Robertson County, TN, d Marion, IL)
James Jefferson Watson 1846-1926 (b. Mississippi County, Missouri, d Missouri)
James Royal Watson 1889-1966 (d. Cambridge, MD)
James Roy Watson 1915-2007 (b. Ames, Iowa, d. Kingston, TN)
Linda S Watson (me) 1951-
Question (if any of you are following the same line): William Riley Watson married Nancy Cox born abt 1825 in North Carolina.  Does that jibe with what you have, and secondly - do you have any more information about her and her family?

Great to be included here!

Linda Watson
Bainbridge Island, WA

P.S. I have photos of Ehud's gravestone, of William and Nancy and of all the James Watsons, if anyone is interested.

This thread: