WATTS-L Archives

Archiver > WATTS > 2002-01 > 1010966584

From: Cynthia H Porcher <>
Subject: [WATTS-L] Thomas Watts > Thomas H Watts
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:03:05 -0500

My GGgrandfather Thomas Henry Watts, s/o Thos Watts and Lavinia Huntley, was
b 1805 in Anson Co, NC. When he was 54 years old, he married Ida Rose
Helton/Hilton in Union Co, NC. They lived and raised a family in Mt Croghan,
Chesterfield Co, SC, which is just across the state line from Union Co, NC.
His age is verified by multiple census records, and I have a copy of the
marriage record.

Is anyone missing a Thos H Watts? I am wondering if he had another family
before his marriage to Rosa. Also, is anyone else researching the
Watts/Huntley line of Anson/Union Co, NC and Chesterfield Co, SC? I would
love to share and compare info, as I have been working on this family for a
number of years. chp

Name: Thomas Henry WATTS
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Birth: 23 Jun 1805
Death: 8 Aug 1879
Occupation: Farmer
Religion: Baptist
Father: Thomas WATTS ( b ca1763 prob VA - d1841 NC)
Mother: Lavina "Vinney" HUNTLEY (1770->1850)
Marriage: 28 Feb 1859 Union Co, NC
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Spouse: Rosa Ida HELTON
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Birth: 18 Jun 1838 Chesterfield Co, SC
Father: HELTON
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹

Children
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
1 M: John Dudley WATTS
Birth: 8 Oct 1859
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
2 F: Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" WATTS
Birth: 25 Jun 1860 Pageland, Chesterfield Co, SC
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
3 M: N Thomas WATTS
Birth: ca 1863
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
4 F: Annie Lillian WATTS
Birth: 8 Jun 1864
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
5 M: Townly Blair "Town" WATTS
Birth: 18 Mar 1869
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
6 M: Gary Henry WATTS
Birth: 15 Aug 1875
7 M: Douglas WATTS
8 M: Jerome Darrow "Rome" WATTS
Birth: 20 Feb 1870 Chesterfield Co, SC

Notes for Thomas Henry WATTS
There is such a disparity in the ages of Thomas and Rosa that I believe he
may have been married to someone else first. He could in fact have another
grown family. We may never have proof of this, however.

This thread: