WEATHERS-L Archives

Archiver > WEATHERS > 2006-03 > 1142285720

From: "Sarah Keesee" <>
Subject: Early Weathers and Withers of Virginia-26
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:35:20 -0500

1795--WEATHERS, FAITHA William Woodland Will. 15 Jan 1794/ 6 Aug 1795. (Sussex County, Virignia Wills by Hopkins).
Free two slaves. Daughter Agness Roland my 100 acres in the fork of the Poplar Swamp being the land she lives on. Daughter Elizabeth Woodland one fourth of the land I live on after the death of my wife. Daughter Sarah Woodland one fourth of the land I live on after the death of my wife. Daughter Phebe Bailey. Daughter FAITHA (FAITHY?--swk) WEATHERS. Wife Mary Woodland the land I live on for life. Grandson James Roland. Sell the rest of my estate and divide between FAITHA WEATHER'S children. Exors: Wyatt Bailey, Richard Rose and Robert Jones. Wit: William Richardson, Augustine Felts and Nathaniel Rowland. Note: At another court on 5 Oct 1815, Richard Rose on executor of the will of William Woodland, dec'd is named executor (Surry Wills by Hopkins)

1795--WEATHERS, ELIZABETH McKINNY dau of JOHN & REBECCA BECKWITH KILSICK WEATHERS of Richmond Co., VA. b. 12 Oct 1795. (see JOHN WEATHERS 1790) (Marriages of Richmond County, Virginia 1668-1853 by George King)

1796-WEATHERS, ELIZABETH, dau of JAMES WEATHERS, and JAMES BUCHANAN (his first wife--swk), Nov 8, 1796. Bondsman: James Paschall, Bond 6507. (Granville County, NC Marriage Bonds)

1796--WEATHERS, BENJAMIN Sumner County (NC) Land now in Tenn. #1270 1000 acres. Grant #2976 Issued 5 Apr 1797. Entry #2629 Entered 7 Oct 1796. Book 90 p 276. Location: N. side of Cumberland River assigned to Thomas Malloy. Military Grant ((Land Grants from Secretary of state's Office--- Raleigh, NC)

1796--WETHERS, JOHN Oct 27, 1796: JOHN WETHERS --Elizabeth Smith (Linville Creek Baptist Church in Rockingham County, Shenandoah Valley, VA. ) (Virginia Magazine of History E.G. Swem Library, Wm. & Mary College, Wmsbg., VA.)

1797--WEATHERS, RICHARD KELSICK son of JOHN & Rebecca Beckwith WEATHERS of Richmond Co., VA. b. 1 Oct 1797. (see JOHN WEATHERS, 1790)

1797--WEATHERS, EDMUND, dec'd Inventory of Estate by Alexander Harrison and thomas Haddon. Account mentions "MARY WEATHERS, widow and guardian of the orphans", and "going to Carolina to rent out the land" and " John Smith as guardian to JOHN WEATHERS, orphan of EDMUND WEATHERS , dec'd." (Sussex Wills by Hopkins) Note: This is MARY WRENN, wife of EDMUND WEATHERS.--see 1793. swk

1797--WETHERS, JOHN 19 Jan 1797; Feb Ct 1797. Names: Hardy Linurd & Eliza Denurd; JOHN, son of EDMUND WETHERS.
Extr: Peterson Person. Wit: Reuben Longwith & Eliza Brewer (Jurat) (Abstracts of Warren county, NC Records by Mary Hinton Kerr)

1798--WITHERS, NATHAN Sept 11. Son of JEAN WITHERS, dec'd, bound to James Harvey to learn the trad of Nailer (Annals of Soutwest VA. 1769-1800 by Summers ( Botetourt Co. Court Records)

1798--WITHERS, ELIZA Virginia Herald (Fredericksburg, VA) married: In Fauquier Co. on thurs., Mr. Fielding Lucas of Fredericksburg to MISS ELIZA WITHERS, dau of MR JAMES WITHERS of Fauquier Co. (p. 3, c4). Pub. Wed May 2, 1798. [Henley Marrieage & Obit Database: Withers LVA--internet]

1799--WEATHERS, ISABELLA KELSICK dau of JOHN & REBECCA BECKWITH KELSISK WEATHERS of Richmond co., VA b. 30 Oct 1799. (see JOHN WEATHERS 1790)

1799--WEATHERS, VINCENT and Elizabeth Gill, bond 29 July 1799. Consent of George Gill, father of the bride. Griffin G. Garland (b). (Richmond County, VA) (Marriages of Richmond County, Virginia 1668-1853 by George King)

1799--WEATHERS, JOHN Feb. Ct. 1799. Acct of 1797 in Est of JOHN WEATHERS, dec'd, by Peterson Person, Extr, names: Mary Leanard, anderson Paschall, John Duke, Stephen Crane, Benjamin Kimbell, Admrs. Est. EDWD WEATHERS, dec'd, Thomas Baley, Josrph Person, William Malone, James Sledge, George Bettey (proving will), Presley Person, & John Lankester (carried tobacco to Petersturg) (Abstracts of Warren County, NC Records by Mary Hinton Kerr)

1799--ADAMS, SUSANNA WEATHERS Tax List ( Personal) .
. Adams, Amos
Adams, Isaac
Adams, Isaac, Jr.
Adams, Weathers.
(Source?)

1800--WEATHERS, EPPA and Elizabeth Fleming m. 6 Oct 1800. Consent by William Fleming father of the bride. Samuel Fleming (b); Abner Howe(w.) (Marriages of Richmond County, Virginia 1668-1853 by George King)

1800--WITHERS, PRISCILLA WRIGHT b. Feb 25, 1734; d. Mar 6, 1800. Dau of Dr. Christopher Wright of NorFolk (Princess Ann Co.) VA, she married WILLIAM WITHERS 1761 of Dinwiddie Co., Va where they lived all their married life. See 1761 --swk

to be continued
Sarah Withers Keesee

This thread: