WEBB-L Archives

Archiver > WEBB > 1999-05 > 0926043470

From: "lynette sanderson" <>
Subject: RE: [WEBB-L] webb-London, Oxford City- New Zealand
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 19:17:50 PDT

Leonie - I'm afraid that your Sophia Jane is not part of my family group

James 1761 is according to family one of three brothers Paul 1759 and George
- afraid I dont know more about them.

George 1808 is the youngest of five - Ann 1785, Catherine 1790, Charlotte
1799, James 1805.
My George 1808 - Christened at St Martins in the Fields, married St Leonards
Shoreditch, moved to Oxford City after 1851 and had a business - Gunmaker at
92 High Street Oxford (In Census 1861), moved to 36 Iffley Rd Oxford later
in life (Census 1891) - Nine children George Walter 1837, M Amelia Lockwood,
Elizabeth Jane 1839, Mary Ann 1840, Annie Louisa 1842 M Charles Carter,
Frank John 1844, Francis John 1844, Francis Edward, Ellen Alice 1846, Kate
Maria 1848 (my Great Grandmother)M John Lowe of Walcott, Smallborough
Norfolk. Laura Nina M Charles Stewart Cumberland.

Have you looked at the IGI for Sophia Jane, I have found a birth "At Sea" of
an Annie Tybernia Sanderson - my fathers side of family, lore has it she was
born in the Atlantic on the way to New Zealand. Try familysearch.org on the
net.

Where do you work address indicates NSW Govt, I am at QLD Govt, have private
through

Regards for now - overcast day with heavy showers every hour or so, what
happened to Queenslands "Beautiful one day - Purfect the Next!!