WEBB-L Archives

Archiver > WEBB > 2003-10 > 1066965058

From: "nutsss59" <>
Subject: [WEBB] William Webb
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:14:31 -0500

Here is some information I found in William Webb of Rutherford County.
The William Webb-Ursula Caroline Coleman-Richard Coleman families

Excerpts from the book “Rutherford Co., North Carolina Wills and
Miscellaneous Records 1783-1868”
by James E. Wooley and Vivian Wooley
published by Southern Historical Press, Inc.
c/o The Rev. Silas Emmett Lucas, Jr.
PO Box 738
Easley, South Carolina 29641-0738

ISBN 0-89308-413-1

Book A page 13.
21 Dec 1785. Proved in open Court. I, RICHARD COLEMAN, in consideration of
L.100 to me paid by WILLIAM WEBB, have bargained, sold one negro named
Milly, commonly called Betty. Wit: BURGES X LILES, PLEASANT WEBB.
Signed: RICH. COLEMAN.

Book A, page 56.
27 Dec 1788. Proved, July term 1791. Articles of agreement made between
WILLIAM WEBB, Senr., and RICHARD COLEMAN. The said RICHARD COLEMAN is to
take a son of WILLIAM WEBB, names JONATHAN WEBB and to use him well & to
learn him to read, write and cypher as far the rules of three & JONATHAN
WEBB to be free at 20 yrs. of age. RICHARD COLEMAN to pay JONATHAN WEBB L.40
in gold, silver or the value thereof. In case of death of RICHARD COLEMAN or
his wife MARY COLEMAN, JONATHAN WEBB is to have the L.40 and his learning,
from the COLEMAN estate and return home to his father. Wit: BURGES X LILES,
WILLIAM WEBB, Jr.
Signed: WILLIAM WEBB & RICHARD COLEMAN

Book A., page 3.
27 Dec 1788. An agreement between WILLIAM WEBB, Senr. & RICHARD COLEMAN to
go equal shares in building a mill. RICHARD COLEMAN to have half of what the
mill gets in his life time. If COLEMAN dies his heirs to have same for the
term of 4 yrs. then the property to return to WEBB and his heirs forever.
Wit: BURSIS X LILES, Wm. WEBB, Jurat.
Signed: RICHD. COLEMAN & WILLIAM WEBB

Book A., page 21.
13 Oct 1791. Proved, Oct term 1793. Received from WILLIAM WEBB, executor of
the LW&T of RICHARD COLEMAN desc. By us RICHARD BRADLEY and RICHARD COLEMAN,
legatees of said will. recd. in full the amount bequeathed to our children
and received by us. And we do agree to pay our chn. said sum due them from
the estate. Wit: JONATHAN HAMPTON, FELIX WALKER.
Signed: RICHARD COLEMAN & RICHARD BRADLEY

Book A., page 21.
13 Oct 1791. Proved. Oct. term 1793. I, RICHARD BRADLEY, have received from
WILLIAM WEBB, executor of the estate of RICHARD COLEMAN, decd., the sum of
L.100 by note of hand being the full part of said COLEMAN estate bequeathed
to SARAH CLATON. Wit: JONATHAN HAMPTON, FELIX WALKER.
Signed: RICHARD BRADLEY

Book A., page 127.
24 Nov 1801. Proved. Jan. term 1802. I, MARY COLEMAN, in consideration of
natural love and affection that I bear for my grandson ELIAS WEBB, son of my
dtr. USLEY CAROLINE WEBB, have given & granted unto said ELIAS WEBB my negro
mulatto wench named Bash and her four children viz: Reuben, Patience,
Selinie, and Jordan. To have and hold said negroes forever. I will warrant
and forever defend all lawfull claims.
Wit: SAMUEL YOUNGE, ROBERT HANEY, (Jurat).
Signed: MARY X COLEMAN

Book A., page 189.
23 Jan 1806. Proved, April term 1806. I, WILLIAM WEBB, being of perfect and
sound mind, but in low state of health and body. I give to my dtr. NANCY
EARL a negro names Moses. I give to my dtr. SARAH SCOGGINS a negro named
Aaron. I give to my wife URSELA CAROLINA, during life or widowhood one negro
boy named Frank. At her decease or marriage said negro to be given to dtr.
POLLY. I give to my wife URSELA CAROLINA, during her life or widowhood a
negro girl named Ann, at her decease or marriage said negro to be given to
dtr. SUCKY. The remainder of my estate both real & personal I leave to my
wife, during her life or widowhood, after death or marriage just debts to be
paid and then the property to be divided among my sons, ISAAC, JONATHAN,
ELIAS, and dtrs. SALLY, POLLY, NANCY, and SUCKY all to have an equal share.
I appoint my wife URSELA CAROLINA my executrix. Wit: JESSE MORROW, WM. TOMS,
GEORGE MORROW. (Jurat)
Signed: WILLIAM WEBB

Book C., page 6.
23 May 1811. Proved, Jan. term 1814. I, ELIAS WEBB, being in perfect health
and sound mind & memory. First I allow my just debts and funeral charges be
paid from the whole estate. I give to my well beloved brothers & sisters,
viz: ISAAC WEBB, JONATHAN WEBB, NANCY EARLE, SALLY SCOGGEN, POLLY SCOGGEN to
each $50. I give to my youngest sister SUSANNA WEBB $300. I give unto
COLEMAN BUCHANAN, son of NANCY BUCHANAN, decd., & the said COLEMAN whereas
born and raised with me the remainder of my estate what I now possess & also
that which will fall to me of my father’s estate according to his last will
and testament. I appoint WILLIAM GREEN, JOHN WALL, ROBERT HANEY, my
executors. Wit: JOHN MCGAUHEY, RICHARD GOODE.
Signed: ELIAS WEBB
CODICIL: I, ELIAS WEBB by this codicil give unto my son COLEMAN BUCHANAN
WEBB my negro boy named Ruben to be kept for his use by my executors. Dated
23 May 1811. Wit: JOHN MCGAUGHY, RICHARD GOODE.
Signed: ELIAS WEBB.

Book A., page 154.
11 April 1803. Proved, April term 1803. “ I, NATHANIEL EARLE, son of
ELIZABETH EARLE do lease to ELIZABETH EARLE the house where she now lives
and what part of the land she wants to tend for her own use and half of the
peach orchard and SUCY EARL and MARGARET EARLE daughters of ELIZABETH EARLE
do give or lease to ELIZABETH EARLE a negro wench by the name of Cate to
waite on her, her lifetime or widowhood and PLEASANT EARLE give to his
mother all the land she wants to tend or use for her own use during her
widowhood or lifetime.” Wit: JNO. ROBERTS, MARTIN ROBERTS.
Signed: NATHANIEL X EARLE, PLEASANT X EARLE, SUSCY X EARLE, MARGARET EARLE.

Jerry Webb

This thread: