WEDGWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > WEDGWOOD > 2005-10 > 1128683874

From: "John Wedgwood Pound" <>
Subject: RE: ANTHONY WEDGWOOD BENN
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:17:54 +0100

Dear Julie,

You wrote to the list last year didn't you?

I am afraid that I have no further information on the reputed connection
between the Benn/Wedgwood Family - I had always assumed that the footnote in
the Wedgwood Pedigrees was correct.

I am copying in a lady who wrote last year about the Sparrow family, to whom
it is likely you are related.

Many years ago I wrote to Tony Benn to ask for his opinion - he denied any
connection with the Wedgwood Family - but this may have been for political
reason's!

Can anyone on the list help with this problem? Are we related to
Wedgie-Benn? He does actually have a striking resemblance to my own
great-great grandfather, Thomas Wedgwood Hill b. 1866....

Regards,

John Wedgwood Pound