WELCH-L Archives

Archiver > WELCH > 2003-03 > 1047298507

Subject: [WELCH] WELCH family of Bledsoe County, TN
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:15:07 EST

I am seeking information on my WELCH family from Bledsoe (and Sequatchie)
County, TN. I lost much of my information after a computer crash a couple of
months ago, and I am struggling to rebuild my file. Any help would be
appreciated!

Isaac Alexander Welch, b. 9/27/1830, son of Ephraim (Jr.) and Sarah HANEY
WELCH, married Adeline DAVIS, daughter of William and Lucy DAVIS.

Isaac and Adeline's children are:

Sarah (no other information)
Caroline, b. about 1862
James Lafayette, b. about 1864, married Fanny HIXSON
Thomas Jefferson, b. about 1864 (twin to James Lafayette, above)
Martha, b. about 1867, married Hiram HANEY
Samuel, b. about 1869, married Hettie MANSFIELD
Newton, b. about 1871
Alexander, b. about 1875
Rutherford Hayes, b. about 1878

I am descended from James Lafayette WELCH, and he was married three times.

First wife, Fanny HIXSON - their children were Mary Elizabeth, Bertha B., and
Benjamin.

Second wife was Nancy "Sally" HUGHES - their children were Annie and Hiram.

Third wife was Rachel DACUS - their children were Flora, Willard, Leuticia
and Stella.

Throughout my WELCH line, there are several marriages within the HANEY
family. I would appreciate any information on them and other linking
families as well.

Thank you.

Susan Kendall

This thread: