WELLS-L Archives

Archiver > WELLS > 2009-10 > 1254419567

From: Leah Curtis <>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:52:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Please add me to your Wells mailing list. I have been researching Zachariah and Abigail Osborne Wells for a little more than a year. If you have any updated information on Zach's parents please advise.

FYI - I am a direct descendent of:

Zachariah Wells and Abigail Osborne
Thomas W. Wells and Rebecca Blevins
William T. Wells and Rebecca (Shepherd) Wells
their daughter - Margaret Wells Sargent (Henry)
their daughter -Cynthia Sergent Edens
Cynthia's daughter Mima Sergent Scott

All of the above resided in Lee (Wise) Co. Virginia.

Mima Scott is my grandmother - Cynthia is my Great Grandmother. All of the information above has been verified through family records and census records. I have also reviewed copies of land grants between Zachariah Wells and his sons at the Lee County Courthouse.

One of my best resources is a book titled "Between Brothers" - a Civil War book documenting information on soldiers from Lee/Wise County VA. It was written by the Wise County Historical/Genealogical Society. This has been an invaluable source of information for my family research. I have uncovered information on five generations of maternal and paternal Grandfathers, Uncles and Cousins, many of whom were interred and/or died in POW Camps.

I am also interested in the Wells DNA project. I am a female and would be interested in submitting a sample if you have expanded your research to cover female family members. If not, I have brothers who are willing to donate samples.

Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

E-Mail:

Phone # 423-626-2161 (Tenn. #)

Thanks and Best Regards -

Leah Curtis