WEST-CENTRAL-KY-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-CENTRAL-KY > 2000-03 > 0952822548

From: <>
Subject: [WCKY] POLLOCK/CLAYCOMB
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:55:48 EST

In checking my information I am missing the birthdate and death date for my
gggrandfather John Milton POLLOCK of Meade/Breckinridge Co. area. I know he
married Sarah CHAPPELL Sept 20 1862. He was the son of James Turbitt Pollock
and Sarah MASSEY. John's daughter was my ggrandmother Mary Jane POLLOCK.
I am working on gathering information for the DAR and they seem to think
things like dates are important!

I keep working on my CLAYCOMB and POLLOCK lines and sometimes get the lines
confused regarding research that has been done. CLAYCOMB has a book and some
addendums. Has someone written up a compilation of Pollock family members?

I forgot who offered to copy the pages in the CLAYCOMB addendum I that I need
but I have spoken to the author and there are no more copies for me to buy.
So yes, please I need the pages regarding my CLAYCOMB line.

I believe the book left off at HENRY CLAYCOMB marrying Sarah Norton. (end of
story)....except it didn't end as he married her sister. My dad always told
the story that the first Norton girl hanged herself in the attic. Anyone know
anything about that story?

Anyway, Henry married the second Norton girl and had my ggrandfather John
William CLAYCOMB who married Mary Jane Pollock in 1895 in Brandenburg KY. My
grandmother and her siblings were born in Raymond, KY. Robert, Rufus, Roy,
Raymond, Nannie and Oletta. My grandmother Nannie then married James Herbert
Theodore (TED) Mix and lived in Brandenburg.

If anyone has those pages from ADDENDUM I please send to
Pam Mix Carroll
p. o. box 746
Mary Esther, FL 32569

This thread: