WEST-CENTRAL-KY-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-CENTRAL-KY > 2003-11 > 1069542156

From: "Ed Wilson" <>
Subject: [WCKY] John Robinson
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:03:28 -0500

I am searching for my ancestor John ROBINSON. John was born in Kentucky in January,1853. He was married to Luella O. (?) (surname unknown) in 1870.

In 1900, John was living in Pope County, Arkansas with Louella and two children. His occupation in the 1900 census was listed as "miller". John's daughter is my grandmother.

The above I can confirm, all that follows is family legend:

Supposedly the ROBINSON family lived near Hodgenville, Ky. John's father (given name unknown) supposedly once rented property to Abraham Lincoln's father.

John is alleged to have invented some new or improved water turbine used to drive a grist mill. He sold the rights to that invention and moved to Arkansas - where he built and operated a grist mill

I have not been able to locate the ROBINSONS in Kentucky. They should have been in the vicinity of Larue County in the 1860 census, but I have not been able to find a record of them. I cannot look in earlier census years because I don't know the senior ROBINSON's first name.

I am new at this and would appreciate any tips, assistance of any kind in finding the father of JOHN ROBINSON

This thread: