WEST-RIDING-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-RIDING > 1998-05 > 0896390714

From: <>
Subject: Richard STACKHOUSE brn ca 1612 ENG died after 1693 Beverly MA USA
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:25:14 EDT

Hi

The above is my ancestor.

I have never been able to trace his origins until I ran across a 1935
publication "The Stackhouse Family" Part I by William R. Stackhouse who states
that he believes that my Richard STACKHOUSE was the one bapt. 7 Sep 1623
Giggleswick WRY who was the son of James of Stackhouse WRY. In turn he felt
that this James was the son of Anthony bapt. 1558 who in turn was the son of
James buried 28 Jan 1592 Giggleswick and 1st wife " Agnes".

This seems to be conjecture and I wondered if anyone knows anything more
concrete about this STACKHOUSE family.

Thanks very much,
Bob White
Davidson NC USA