WEST-RIDING-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-RIDING > 2001-10 > 1002745767

From: Fraser& Monica Taylor <>
Subject: Re: [WRY] Constantine - 1881 census look-up request
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:29:27 -0400

In the book A WharfedaleVillage written by Eric Lodge (1994) there is mention of a John Constantine in 1861. He is on a Directoy complied by the rector, Rev. W. Bury as a resident of Thorpe. That is all it says unfortunately.

The 1881 census has the following:

Dwelling: Escoe
Census Place: Thorpe In Skipton, York, England
Source: FHL Film 1342029 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 4312 Folio 49 Page 8
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
John CONSTANTINE M 56 M Appletreewick, York, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Farmer
Frances CONSTANTINE M 58 F Lincoln, England
Rel: Wife
Jane CONSTANTINE U 25 F Thorpe, York, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Farmers Daur
Elizabeth Mary CONSTANTINE U 22 F Thorpe, York, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Farmers Daur
Joseph Hebden CONSTANTINE U 17 M Thorpe, York, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Farmers Son
Marrion WHITLEY 3 F Burnsall, York, England
Rel: Grand Daur

Monica from Ottawa

ron whiteley wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Looking for my gggrandparents John & Frances (?) CONSTANTINE, presumed to be living in the village of Thorpe in 1881 (could also possibly be in Burnall or Appletreewick). Both would be in their fifties. John's occupation: Farmer. Possibly a daughter Jane (and other children?) still living with them. A positive sighting would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron Whiteley
>
> Westervoort, The Netherlands

This thread: