Archiver > WEST-RIDING > 2003-01 > 1041893159

From: "Brenda & Michael Craike" <>
Subject: Re: [WRY] Pound sign
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:52:48 +1100

Hello all,

First Happy New Year to everyone.

Here is what you need to get the pound sign £

Hold down the Alt key & type in 156 (on number keypad at rightside of
keyboard) then release Alt key.

I have it wrote down on a peace of paper & keep it under the edge of the

Hope this helps all who need to use it.

ex Leeds, now NSW Australia

Researching following names:
Yorkshire: Ambler, Butcher, Clarkson, Craike, Hall, Jackson, Jonhson,
Jones, Myatt, Potter, Shepherd, Waite.
Lincolnshire: Butcher, Chapman, Glover, Vere.
Cheshire: Atherton, Hitchen, Lovatt, Thompson, Walton.
This is not a full list.