WEST-RIDING-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-RIDING > 2003-01 > 1043454107

From: "Kim Pasquill" <>
Subject: Re: [WRY] ELLAND CHAPEL
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:29:42 +1100

Hi Roy,

I certainly don't think the manner with which your reply is written is
called for. Jenny was only pointing out the reason she had not had time to
respond before now. And in MY view was VERY legitimate.

As much as you might think so, we are not idiots down under, we do know that
these things do happen else where in the World, and I for one do realise
that these disasters don't get all that much coverage in the UK.

I can certainly tell you, that if I was not fortunate enough to have an air
conditioner at the moment, I would certainly not be sitting here sending
this email. The weather is Very unbearable, besides we don't know Jenny's
circumstances, she could be a 95 year old lady for all we know, and which I
would not expect her to be sitting in 40 degree heat pounding away at a
keyboard. Also she might be a asthma sufferer and having trouble breathing
due to the smoke from the fires. But that's beside the point.

Oh! and by the way, the UK are not the only ones that have deployed troops
so have many other countries in the world and that is also occupying our
minds, but please forgive us if the bush fires take priority.

This is not the first time, you have had a go at us Aussies, but we can give
as good as we get :-)

I do apologies to Andrew and the rest of the list for this, but the heat is
getting to me, and I'm sick of Roy assuming us Aussies are idots.

PS It has been reported just now that 3 new fires have brokes out in country
area's around Melbourne, and a couple in the Suburbs, I'm off to ring my
daughter in law as a fire has broken out in there area :-(

Cheers Kim

www.genuki.org.uk/gs/Newbie.html

> Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does he will tell you,
if he does not why humiliate him? - Canon Sydney Smith

This thread: