WEST-RIDING-L Archives

Archiver > WEST-RIDING > 2003-06 > 1055879089

From: "A.A. Watkinson" <>
Subject: [WRY] 1881 Census
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:47:35 +0100

I have just acquired the above Census CD's, and am puzzled that I cannot
find members of a certain family who are listed in both the 1871 Census and
the 1891 Census. It is very highly unlikely that they had gone abroad on
that date. I cannot find them anywhere in the UK. One name is Gulielma so
should stick out like a sore thumb, but No, it isn't there. Is this unusual,
or are there many families who were not recorded (for that is the only
reason I can think of the account for the missing entry)?

A.A. Watkinson
Chepstow

researching (mainly in Wharfedale)
WATKINSON, BEWICK, TURNBULL, WOOD, JEFFREY, GREENWOOD, GRAY, CAWOOD,
WHITAKER,HOUGHTON,

This thread: