WEST-L Archives

Archiver > WEST > 2002-06 > 1023511827

From: Susan West <>
Subject: [WEST-L] Camp Creek Baptist Church, Baldwin Co, GA
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 23:52:33 -0500

As promised, the document as I have it from genealogy.com history books,
I'll go back and see if I can find any other information, because the
page breaks and goes to a page 918, with no reference to page number on
the first page.

Camp Creek Baptist Church, Baldwin County, Georgia

From "They Were Here, Vol. 5"

Baldwin County was established from the Creed Cessions of June 16, 1802
and Nov. 15, 1805. Land was distributed through the Lotteries of 1805
and 1807. The County Seat is Milledgeville, Ga.
A Part of Washington County was added 1807, 1812 and 1826; a part of
Hancock added 1807; a part of Wilkinson 1807 and 1872. Part of Baldwin
County was set off to Jones County 1807; part to Morgan County 1807;
part to Putnam County 1807; and a part of Randolph (now Jasper County)
1807. Unfortunately all deed records of Baldwin County prior to 1864
have been lost by the records in the office of the Ordinary are excellent.

Camp Creek Primitive Baptist Church was organized 1817 and 1819. Joseph
Collins for the sum of $10 deeded the land for the church; two acres of
Lot No. 105 in the first District. The earliest members were:

Henry Hand
Robert Ivey
John Sharp
Benjamin Cooper