WEST-L Archives

Archiver > WEST > 2004-12 > 1102879596

From: Diane Welles <>
Subject: Re: [WEST-L] West Line
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:26:36 -0800

Carl, Thanks for your reply. I have seen George West's will and since
I wrote to the list I have come across a more probable sequence for my
West line. Could this be your West line also, beyond
George?......Jeptha, Levi, George, Thomas West b. abt 1699, John West
married to Katherine Revill, Argyll Yardley West, John "the younger"
West, Col. John West (England), Anthony West 1605 Middlesex England d.
1652, Thomas (III Baron de la Warr) West 1577 England>>>>goes back to 1300.
I can verify the family history up to Jeptha West and Millie Sewache
Gentry and perhaps Levi, but I have had to rely on other's research and
records beginning with Jeptha and Millie. It is not always easy to be
certain of accuracy.

I would be happy to share Jeptha's line. Jeptha and Millie had two sons,
William Y West(b 1807 TN) and Isham West (b. 1806 KY) They lived in the
Old Cherokee Nation, Hiwassee purchase area near the NC border prior to
the Removal/Trail of Tears. William and Isham are found on 1830 Hickman
Co census. They are living in Dade Co MO by the early 1840s, are found
on 1850, 1860 Dade Co censuses. They each had many acres of land and
numerous children. Many members of the West family relocated to Indian
Territory, OK during and after the Civil War. Would you like to have the
names/dates of the West children, etc? There is an incredible amount of
information.
Diane