WETHERINGTON-L Archives

Archiver > WETHERINGTON > 2002-11 > 1038526244

From: "Allen Humphrey" <>
Subject: [Wetherington] More on the Puzzle of the Wm Wetheringtons & the Solomons
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:30:44 -0500

There are at least five Solomon Wetheringtons that relate to Tuscarora, NC

1) Solomon Wetherington (abt 1703 - 1766) migrated from MD and recorded a
will in Craven County 1766.
2) Solomon Wetherington, Sr (1761-1840) was his grandson, sometimes referred
to as 'Sr'. was in Dobbs Co, NC.
3) Solomon Wetherington (1798 - ) reportedly the son of Solomon Sr's brother
William, but not verified.
4) Solomon Wetherington, Jr (1804-1880) was the son of 'Sr' and was born and
died in Tuscarora, NC.
5) Solomon Wetherington 1876 - 1881 was the grandson of 'Jr' and lived is
Tuscarora, NC.

Solomon's 2, 4, and 5 are buried in the family cemetery near Rollover Creek
in Tuscarora, NC.

====

More on the puzzle of the William's Wetherington (Tuscarora Williams):

There were at at least three Williams in Tuscarora about 1830-1840.

1) The son of Solomon Sr, William (Henry), married Elizabeth 'Betsey' Moore
and had children Riley, Hannisville, and Robert.
Riley died in the war, and Hannisville married Isaac Harrison.

2) William Sr died in 1844.He was buried in Tuscarora.
His known children were Redding, John C. and
Holland W. Amyett Cummings.
Redding moved to TN, John disappears after 1840 and Holland married
twice and lived in Craven County.

3) A William, Jr is listed in 1840 Craven census with 2 male children.

4) William B. is listed in the 1840 Craven census with 2 male children.

5) A William B. is listed again in the 1850, 1860 Craven census, and his
known children were: William Henry, Ruel, Willis, Mary, Sabra, Parmela,
Abner.

On William 3) and 4) - one is son of Solomon, Sr. and the other is likely
the son of William, Sr, Solomon's brother.

All of these Williams appear to have stayed in Tuscarora, IF someone can
identify William B. Wetherington's father, please help.