WEXFORD-L Archives

Archiver > WEXFORD > 2000-09 > 0969125701

From: "Carol Lackey" <>
Subject: [WEX] BOULTON-BICKFORD/BICKFORT - 1700s
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:35:01 -0400

I am researching the families of my 4th great grandfather and grandmother
George BOULTON b. 1740 in Wexford, m. Nancy BICKFORD/BICKFORT 1761.
George and Nancy immigrated to the Philadelphia, PA area of America between
1765 and 1770 with their first son, Abraham.
He joined Loyalists in 1777. After the war he immigrated to Niagara region
of Canada.
The rattlesnakes on the land were so bad that they left and walked to York
(Toronto) where they were able to take a boat to Elizabethtown Twp renamed
Brockville (Ontario) in 1812.
When they arrived there were no European settlements in the area. The men
blazed trails into the wilderness. Upon their way, passing through the
United States, a boy baby was born to them that received the name of
William, a daughter, Elsea (Alice), and six sons were born in Canada.

This thread: